You will notice that my schedule process may be very different from other providers. I mostly only take same-day appointments. I use an inconspicuous Facebook account to post my openings the day-of. I do not accept references and require a photo ID and online identity reference (social media, LinkedIn, business website).
Here I will explain the rhyme and reason for the change in standards:
1. Same-day: If you have had a pre-appointment consultation with me, you know that I am a huge proponent for being present in this moment. To do this, one must try to live everyday in the moment, leaving behind the past and stepping away from the future. I like not knowing what tomorrow will bring. I like going to bed knowing that I have the freedom to do anything…or to do NOTHING!
This is one of the MANY reasons that I love what I do! I get to wake up and say, “Today is a lovely day to connect with my guys on a deep level.” Also, in doing so, I will never dread an appointment and I will never not be in the mood. When I “show up” I show up dammit!
Now if only we could all live this way. It may not work for some but I feel blessed that I can run my life on my terms. I know that it can be a bit frustrating when you don’t see the notification soon enough, as I book up quickly each day, but please be patient.
2. Facebook Notifications: I no longer wish to be attached to the popular advertising sites. I have found that my websites get quite a bit of traffic and over time I have built up a wonderful existing clientele, making advertising unnecessary. Also, although I am fond of reviews, I do not wish to solely be judged on these reviews on the review sites.
Soon I will not be using advertising sites at all so it is important to check my Facebook for updates.
3. References: I do not care about who you have seen in the past. I do not find references to be useful as it is very possible for someone to have been crude to one provider but not another…and who will they use as a reference. Get it?
4. Requirements: I do not take references however I do require a photo of a Valid ID as well as online proof of who you are. Once I receive this information, I check the national blacklist sites for extra security.
The main reason that I require this information is so that YOU KNOW that I KNOW who you are. I know that you will be on your best behavior because of this. Also, I want you to feel that you can be open and honest with me. Be yourself not some alias! I will never judge you and your privacy is very important to me. Trust that anything you share with me will never be shared with others!
THINGS TO NOTE:
- I do not respond to texts or messages when I am not working. I am trying to cut the tether that I have with my phone and on days that I am not working, I most likely do not even have it with me. On days that I am working my phone is powered off between 9:00pm-9:00am unless I am taking late appointments.
- I keep a “Message First” list. If I can’t get you in that day, give me another option and if I am working that day, I will give you first priority. This is NOT a confirmed booking. You are not committed to anything, nor am I.
- If we have developed a good rapport, I am happy to serve as a reference to you for other providers.