UNDERSTANDING TANTRA-GREAT ARTICLE FOR TANTRA NEWBIES
I can’t boast enough about this article. It is one of the better online articles that I have come across. It is relatively short, yet encompasses so much of what someone new to Tantra should know.
It is important to remember that Tantra is not just about techniques and a goal to become a better lover. It is about creating conscious connection with yourself, a lover and the universe as a way to improve your intimacy and thereby improve every aspect of your life.
This article covers important points such as:
- The origins of Tantra
- Religious influence that has limited our potential through control, guilt and shame around sex
- Sex as a small death and our issues with letting go of control
- Sex as a cosmic, meditative experience, not as a need
- Tantra not being about technique, but being about connection; to oneself, to another and to life itself
- Sexual polarities- giving and receiving, positive and negative, masculine and feminine
- Merging polarities- good and evil, pure and impure, matter and spirit
- AND MORE
MY FAVORITE EXCERPT: